Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wine tasting...

As a person who rarely drinks wine this was an interesting one for me. I am one of those people who can't even really smell red wine but I enjoy a glass of cold white wine every once in a while so I went that route. Decided to buy two bottles of white riesling: one from Israel and one from Australia. The Israeli wine was medium priced and the Australian wine was the cheapest I could find.

Anyways, I decided this would be something fun to do with my sisters so before dinner out with the mom Saturday night, we met up at their place for a dog playdate and wine tasting. What we did was each took turns trying the wines and deciding which one we liked best. It was interesting because I thought the cheap Australian wine was really gross but liked the Israeli a lot and my sisters were the complete opposite. They were happy to find that out cause then they realized "they enjoy cheap wine and could save some money that way".

Overall, it was a fun time and nice to share with my sisters. Plus, its always fun when your mom picks you up to go to dinner and her kids are all mildly drunk and incapable of being serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment