Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why Do You Let Me Stay Here

This was my week to devise our group assignment, and I had more difficulty than I'd expected. I haven't looked at other people's responses yet, so I'm not sure whether or not this task resonated, but I thought it was simple and fun enough. I'm interested to see whether it was meaningful (depth vs. breadth and all that crap....)


Here's the video I watched without sound:


I chose this video kind of on a whim. I think it might have been the last song on my iTunes Genius. But I really like the song. From what I can tell, the video doesn't really reflect the lyrics. Zooey Daschenel is adorable as ever, but the video makes me think of a haunted hotel tour in Chattanooga, TN. Though I know he does much of the music for the duo, but I was surprised to see M. Ward in the video, since we rarely hear his voice. I really laughed at the part when all the little Zooey Daschenels were all dancing around the big Zooey Daschenel--it reminded me of Gulliver's Travels.

In the end, I'm glad there is good music to listen to. I think I liked the song more before I saw the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment