Sunday, August 22, 2010

Drink Wine

So today i passed on my expensive bottle of wine and day of drinking my favorite beers by the pool and substituted it with two bottles of very inexpensive but still enjoyable bottles of wine. This particular "drink wine" topic could not have come at a better time. This morning, due to the extra work that needed to be accomplished for the beginning of the semester, i found myself at work. Yes i know it is Sunday, but i had that much that needed to get done. However i made sure that by the afternoon I spent the rest of the day at the pool with friends eager to hear about the "Shabbat Experiment". I found not only that i enjoyed the bottles of wine, but also i enjoyed explaining to my friends why we were drinking something we would normally pass on. While this is not something i always do, and may not continue to drink the bottle of Barefoot Pino Grigio that was only $6 (1 dollar cheaper than the article said it was), i do enjoy the opportunity to not only learn, but to teach others about shabbat and also the importance of work life balance. I hope that everyone else from group aleph had as an enjoyable day as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment