Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Bitch


The start of this project could not have come at a more hectic time. We had our welcome weekend and it was one of those where it felt like I was just moving from one program to the next.

When I got the assignment, I went to the liquor store near campus and asked the guy for an Australian bottle (being that I have not been there and I love the wine from there). He went through the racks and pulled out this bottle, a southern Australian Grenache, called Bitch (only $14). My immediate thought was this is going to be one bitch of a weekend so it must be some divine inspiration for me to find this bottle!

To make a long story short, I don't think I would have taken the time this weekend to think about shabbat at all because of everything we had going on. I decided that at noon I was going to take a half hour to make Kiddush and relax for a few minutes and just appreciate the moment. I appreciated the fact that I would not have done much else to celebrate the sabbath this weekend if not for this small task, and I would not have found this awesome bottle if not for this little project.

No comments:

Post a Comment