Friday, October 8, 2010

week 7: connect with loved ones

I could not be more excited to have been given the task of connect with loved ones!

For those of you that do not know, this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Now thanksgiving in Canada (as the few Canadians in this group can attest) is not like American thanksgiving, in that a lot of Jews in Canada do not celebrate thanksgiving. Last year my friends and I decided that we liked the idea and that we wanted to start the tradition of celebrating thanksgiving together.

My friends are so important to me, as is my family, which is why this weeks task is not only to connect with loved ones, but to give thanks. This shabbat/this weekend I hope that we can all find a time and find a way to be thankful for our loved ones and truly appreciate how important they are to our lives.

Shabbat Shalom,

Jaime Reich
Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment