Sunday, October 10, 2010

Connecting meaningfully

I haven't posted in a little while, but I was very excited when I saw that the task for the week was to connect with loved ones. This is actually something I've been thinking a lot about recently. As some of you may know, I don't currently work for Hillel. In late August, my boyfriend got a fantastic job offer in DC and we decided we would be moving there together. I luckily found something soon after and tomorrow I start work at the Israel on Campus Coalition... now moving out a few weeks before my boyfriend. The past few weeks have been a bit crazy. After a few years in Michigan, I finally found a group of friends who were not going to graduate and leave (at least in the near future) and now here I was saying goodbye. I made a point to really "be present" when I was with my friends. I know we'll all still be in touch and I know they will come and visit in DC, but it has been great connecting with them and enjoying ice cream and dinners, etc. over the past month.
Shabbat Experiment to be continued... in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment