Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get Outside?!

Oh the irony. Yes, I hike, and yes I like the outdoors… but not that much. Most of my outdoor experiences take place when I am staffing an immersion experience of some sort so this week when I had to pick the task for “Get Outside” I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Originally, I had planned out what my “magnificent, mysterious” natural wonder was going to be… I’d watch a sunset, or get out and look at the stars, but of course this weekend, there was no glorious sunset and I didn’t get a chance to walk at night and look at the stars. I did, however, finally make it outside for a bit today and while looking around among the U-Hauls that are starting to line the streets here, I looked up and saw something very cool. The sun was covered by a thin cloud, which allowed these shadow-y rays to surround the cloud. It wasn’t the normal rays you see shining through the clouds, it was like a shadowed outline. I wish I had a camera, but didn't follow my own guidelines and didn't have one. It was something I hadn’t seen before and something I considered both magnificent and mysterious.

Shavua Tov everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment